Travel Grants Program
The global pandemic has affected research budgets and travels worldwide, therefore we will continue giving out travel awards this year, albeit in a new format. Since traveling will not constitute an expense this year, registration costs will be the major expense for this year’s attendees. The ECC will use this year’s Travel Awards to fund early career scholars’ conference registration fees to the ISPP 2021 Virtual Annual Meeting. Up to ~$2,500.00 USD will be allocated this year to fund the conference registration for 20 to 25 individuals.
- The applicant must be a paid ISPP member.
- The applicant must be an Early Career Scholar (i.e., graduate student or person within 8 years post-graduate career).
- The applicant must be first or sole author on an accepted poster or symposium presentation.
- The applicant must attend the 2021 ISPP annual meeting to receive the award.
- The applicant must not have been awarded the Travel Grant in previous years. Past winners are not eligible to submit an application.
Application Procedure and Deadline:
To be considered for a travel award, the following materials must be submitted:
- A completed Travel Award Application.
- Your estimated registration fee based on the categories described here
- A non-identifying exact copy of the 250-word accepted abstract as submitted to ISPP (only one abstract per applicant). Please omit all personally identifying information (e.g., authors, affiliation) from the contents of the abstract.
Submit the application form and accepted abstract on our online application website.
Application Deadline: March 21st, 2021 (all submitted on March 21st will be taken into consideration)
Decision Process and Notification:
Applications will be blind-reviewed by the ECC Travel Award Committee. Decisions will be based on the excellence of the submitted conference abstract and financial needs of the applicant. Winners will be notified by e-mail no later than March 29th, 2021. This will give you two days before the presenter registration deadline.
Awards will be given as reimbursements to recipients at the end of the annual conference. Recipients should be prepared to submit receipts for conference registration and proof of attendance (e.g., listing of your presentation in the conference program and a video/audio recording of your presentation on the conference website). Recipients will receive the amount equivalent to their conference registration fee.
For any inquiries about the travel awards you may contact the Travel Award Committee HERE.